The Mississippi Department of Education’s Office of Student Assessment (OSA) is seeking a list of qualified participants for a MAAP Item Writing Workshop (IWW) set for Feb. 12 –15, 2024 at the R & D Center/Universities Center in Jackson, Mississippi.
The Item Writing Workshop will be for English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics teachers. Participants will be chosen based on experience in the following content areas: ELA Grades 3-8, English II, Mathematics Grades 3-8, and Algebra I.
English Language Arts (ELA) is scheduled for Feb. 12-15, 2024 and Math is scheduled for Feb. 13-15, 2024.
The purpose of the MAAP Item Writing Committee Meeting is to aid in the development of field test items for spring of 2025.
- Have a valid license and an appropriate endorsement in English Language Arts (ELA) or Mathematics.
- Be employed by a Mississippi Public School District.
- If selected, complete the required online pre-workshop assignment(s) before attending the in-person meeting.
- Be present all three days for Mathematics or four days for ELA.
If you feel you meet these requirements, please complete the interest survey at https://forms.office.com/r/mcnaUDMVPB by Wednesday Dec. 20, 2023 at noon.
If an individual is selected, the individual will be notified by the Office of Student Assessment and/or NWEA with more detailed information regarding the workshop.
- CEU applications will be available upon completion of the workshop.
- Travel (including lodging if participant lives more than 75 miles from Jackson, Mississippi) and a substitute teacher reimbursement will be covered by NWEA Assessments. Depending on the participant’s district contractual status, a daily stipend may be available in lieu of the substitute reimbursement.
For more information, contact Libby Cook, MAAP Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.