The Mississippi Department of Education’s Office of Student Assessment is seeking a list of qualified participants for the MAAP-A Item Writing Workshop (IWW) from Feb. 13-14, 2024. Interest survey deadline is noon Dec. 20, 2023.
This Item Writing Workshop will be for Special Education teachers, especially those who teach students with cognitive disabilities (SCD). Participants will be chosen based on experience in the following alternate subject/course content areas: ELA, mathematics, and science in grades 3-8 and high school.
The purpose of the MAAP-A Item Writing Committee meeting is to aid in the development of field test items for spring 2025.
- Have a valid license and an appropriate endorsement in a content area (ELA, Math, Science) and/or Special Education.
- Have experience teaching students in the SCD population.
- Be employed by a Mississippi Public School District.
- If selected, complete the required online pre-workshop assignment(s) before attending the in-person meeting.
- Be present both (2) days.
If you feel you meet these requirements, please complete the interest survey at https://forms.office.com/r/4mZrx4HTJZby Wednesday Dec. 20, 2023 at 12 p.m.
If an individual is selected, the individual will be notified by the Office of Student Assessment and/or NWEA with more detailed information regarding the workshop.
- CEU applications will be available upon completion of the workshop.
- Travel (including lodging if participant lives more than 75 miles from Jackson, Mississippi) and a substitute teacher reimbursement will be covered by NWEA Assessments. Depending on the participant’s district contractual status, a daily stipend may be available in lieu of the substitute reimbursement.
For more information, contact Dr. Jackie Sampsell, State Assessment Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org