East Mississippi Center for Educational Development (EMCED) will offer a one-day legal summit Aug. 30, and Sept. 1, featuring some of the top school board attorneys in Mississippi to discuss topics administrators deal with daily to include:
• General liability
• Personnel issues
• Title IX
• Student discipline
• Special Education student discipline
• Social media
• Teacher/student communication
• Public relations
• Dress code and other current legal issues facing school leaders.
- Skip Jernigan, school board attorney for Pearl Public School District. Jernigan has more than 45 years of experience as a board attorney.
- Jernigan Copeland attorneys Jim Keith, John Hooks, Elizabeth Maron and KaShonda Day.
- Adams and Reese Jim and his team have over 100 years of legal experience and serve as board attorney for numerous districts across the state.
Choose one of two dates to attend. The Summit will be offered Aug. 30, in Meridian at the Mississippi State University Riley Center in the Kahlmus Auditorium, and Sept. 1, in Brandon at the Rankin County School District Boardroom.
The training will begin at 8:30 a.m. and will conclude at 3:45 p.m. Lunch will be on your own.
This training is free to all EMCED members. For non-members the cost is $150 per participant.
Please visit www.emced.org to register for this event.