The Mississippi Department of Education (MDE), through the Office of Professional Development, announces open registration for fall online courses and book study courses. These courses are offered free of charge to help support educators as they strive to improve student achievement. Course dates, descriptions, and credentialing information can be found in our Fall 2022 Online Professional Development Catalog.
Seats are available for the following courses and book study*:
- Book Study: Jim Trelease’s Read-Aloud Handbook: Eighth Edition*
- A Framework for Teachers of Students with Hearing Impairment
- Help Me See: Teaching Students with Visual Impairments
- Path to Behavior Intervention
- PGS: Special Education Deep Dive
- Setting the Stage for Success in the Mathematics Classroom
- The PLAAFP
- Understanding the Three Shifts in ELA (K-5)
- Understanding the Three Shifts in ELA (6-12)
*Book Study: Participants are responsible for purchasing their own books after registering.
CEUs are available upon successful completion for a $15 processing fee. SEMI and OSL credits are free of charge for courses as indicated in the catalog.
Registration is available from Aug 22, at 8 a.m. through Aug. 29 at noon on the MDE PD calendar found on Trumba.
If you have any questions regarding this information or would like additional information regarding specific courses, please email email@example.com.