Student and Family Supports
- Toolkit: Virtual Student Engagement – This toolkit provides teachers with strategies to support the three types of student engagement (i.e., behavioral, cognitive, and affective) in a virtual learning environment.
- Supporting Students’ Social-Emotional Needs During COVID-19 and Supporting Families’ Social-Emotional Needs During COVID-19 – These briefs contains strategies and resources districts and staff can leverage to support students’ and families’ social-emotional well-being during traumatic circumstances, including tips for communicating effectively and with empathy.
- School Staff Self-Care During COVID-19 – This brief discusses the importance of self-care for educators and shares strategies for supporting teacher resilience during COVID-19, such as engaging in mindfulness activities and harnessing creativity.
- Staff Well-Being Check-Ins During COVID-19 – This brief describes mechanisms staff can use to help their colleagues during COVID-19, including monitoring their well-being, identifying warning signs of stress and trauma, providing supports and resources, and creating a working environment that acknowledges and normalizes staff reactions to challenging situations.
Upcoming Virtual Events
- Monthly Superintendents Leadership Council – Hanover will reconvene the superintendents’ group for a live session on Thursday, January 21 at 8pm EST to share ideas and answer questions related to the challenges district leaders face in these uncertain times. Many thanks to WASA and MASA for co-hosting this event. Please click here to register.
- Strategic Planning Webinar Series – On January 14th and March 10th, Hanover will host a two-part webinar series on strategic planning in the next normal. In the sessions, Dr. Leila Nuland, Hanover’s Managing Director of K-12 Research and Dr. Gregory C. Hutchings, Jr., Superintendent of Alexandria City Public Schools (VA) will host a discussion on how the pandemic has created a generational opportunity for transformation and reform. Please click here to register.