Teaching with Primary Sources Mississippi will host a virtual professional development event Saturday, Feb. 4, focused on teaching with primary sources.
Learn about teaching with primary sources from the Library of Congress and other resources for teaching with primary sources.
Participants will choose from two concurrent sessions per hour. Current speakers include: Fabelvision (app for creating a virtual musical using primary sources), 2nd Avenue Learning (Women’s Suffrage and Election Edge), Ashley Barefoot (gifted teacher), Elizabeth Osborne – Engaging Congress, Catherine Beasley – Rankin County School District, Drs. Anthony, Binford, and Miller.
What you receive:
• Free 6-hour professional development
• Free .6 CEUs – We will pay for the .6 CEU for the first 50 participants. After this number, it will cost $20 for the CEUs.
• YOU MUST TEACH SOCIAL STUDIES, ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS, OR GIFTED. We cannot currently take teachers of science, math, foreign language, etc.
• Attend the plenary/opening session and closing as well as 5 of the offered sessions.
• Complete and submit the CEU paperwork in the time frame required.
Register here: https://forms.gle/ioinhWNiUYaXcCEk6