The Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) Office of Student Assessment (OSA) is seeking qualified teachers to serve on Mississippi Academic Assessment Program (MAAP) committees for grades 5 and grades 8 science, biology, and U.S. History. Deadline to apply is 5 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 12.
A second group of teachers is needed to review items for bias. These teachers could have special education backgrounds as well as experience in other subjects.
- Have a valid teaching license and an appropriate endorsement in the science grade(s) and high school subjects or special bias qualifications;
- Be employed by a Mississippi Public School District;
- Be able to travel to a designated MDE secure location as needed for face-to-face meetings;
- Be willing to work with secure information with strict security regulations and signed confidentiality forms; and
- Complete the survey application by Tuesday, September 12, 2023.
If you feel you meet these requirements, please complete the interest survey at https://forms.office.com/r/WHngVQswc2 by 5 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2023.
Those selected will be notified by Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) with more detailed information regarding meeting times and locations.
For more information, contact Dr. Jackie Sampsell, Office of Student Assessment, via email, at email@example.com.