The Mississippi Department of Education, through the Office of Professional Development, is excited to announce open registration for fall online courses. Course dates and descriptions can be found on our Fall 2020 Online Professional Development Catalog. These online courses are offered free of charge to help support educators as they strive to improve student achievement.
Seats are currently available for the following courses:
- Access for All: Practical Ideas for Teaching Every Student
- Book Study: The Knowledge Gap*
- Book Study: Making Sense of Mathematics for Teaching (K-2)*
- Book Study: Making Sense of Mathematics for Teaching (3-5)*
- Book Study: Making Sense of Mathematics for Teaching (6-8)*
- A Closer Look at the Science and Engineering Practices
- Inclusive Leadership
- Let’s Dish About SCD
- Looking Back to Move Forward
- Making the Move to Digital Learning (Hybrid)**
- Making the Move to Digital Learning (Self-Paced)
- The PLAAFP
- Power of a Positive Classroom
- Tactile Teaching
- Teaching Students with VI
*Participants are responsible for purchasing their own books after registering
**This course requires live, video conferencing
CEUs are available upon successful completion for a $15 processing fee. Registration is available through August 28 at https://gsmu.mdek12.org under the Professional Development tab.
If you have any questions regarding this information or would like additional information regarding specific courses, please contact Elise Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.