The Mississippi Department of Education, through the Office of Professional Development, is excited to announce open registration for summer online courses and book studies. These courses are offered free of charge to help support educators as they strive to improve student achievement. Course dates, descriptions, and credentialing information can be found in our Summer 2021 Online Professional Development Catalog.
Seats are currently available for the following courses:
- Exploring Virtual Math Tools in Elementary
- Making the Move to Digital Learning
- Setting the Stage for Success in the Mathematics Classroom
- Tactile Strategies
- Understanding Science for the Novice Teacher
Seats are currently available for the following book studies*:
- Answers to Essential Questions
- Blending Leadership
- The Essential Guide for Student-Centered Coaching
- Failing Up
- Know Better, Do Better: Teaching the Foundations So Every Child Can Read
- The Knowledge Gap
- Productive Math Struggle
- Reading Connections
- Thinking Like a Lawyer: A Critical Thinking Revolution
- Visible Learning for Mathematics
- Visible Learning for Science
- Visible Learning for Social Studies
- Yes We Can! General and Special Educators Collaborating in a PLC
*Participants are responsible for purchasing their own books after registering.
CEUs are available upon successful completion for a $15 processing fee. SEMI and OSL credits are free of charge for courses as indicated in the catalog.
Registration is available from May 19 at 8:00 am through May 26 at 12:00 pm on the MDE PD calendar found on Trumba.
If you have any questions regarding this information or would like additional information regarding specific courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.