The Mississippi Department of Education, through the Office of Professional Development, is excited to announce open registration for online professional development courses. These courses are offered free of charge to help support educators as they strive to improve student achievement. Course dates, descriptions, and credentialing information can be found in our Fall 2022 Online Professional Development Catalog.
Seats are still available for the following book study*:
- Jim Trelease’s Read-Aloud Handbook: Eighth Edition
Seats are still available for the following courses:
- A Framework for Teaching Students with Hearing Impairment
- Help Me See
- PGS: Special Education Deep Dive
- Setting the Stage for Success in Mathematics
- The PLAAFP
- Understanding the Three Shifts in ELA: K-5
- Understanding the Three Shifts in ELA: 6-12
*Participants are responsible for purchasing their own books after registering.
CEUs are available upon successful completion for a $15 processing fee. SEMI and OSL credits are free of charge for courses as indicated in the catalog.
Registration is available from Aug. 30 at 8 a.m. through Sept. 2 at noon on the MDE Professional Development calendar found on Trumba.
If you have any questions regarding this information or would like additional information regarding specific courses, please email email@example.com.