The Mississippi Department of Education Office of Professional Development announces open registration until Jan. 26, for spring online book study courses. These courses are offered free of charge to help support educators as they strive to improve student achievement. Course dates, descriptions, and credentialing information can be found in at Spring 2024 Online Professional Development Catalog.
Seats are still available for the following book studies*:
- Book Study: A Framework for Understanding Poverty
- A Guide to Teaching Word Problems Using Schemas
- Tiling the Path from Expressions to Equations
- Madness to Management: Preventative Practices in Behavior Management
- Disability Workshop
- In the Student’s Minds: Decoding Executive Functioning for Classroom Success
- Let’s Dish About SCD
- Power of a Positive Classroom
- Book Study: Know Better, Do Better
*Participants are responsible for purchasing their own books after registering.
CEUs are available upon successful completion for a processing fee. SEMI and OSL credits are free of charge for courses as indicated in the catalog.
Registration is available Jan. 22-26 on the MDE PD calendar found on Trumba.
If you have any questions regarding this information or would like additional information regarding specific courses, please email email@example.com.