The Mississippi Department of Education, through the Office of Professional Development, announces open registration for spring online courses and book studies. These free courses are offered to help support educators as they strive to improve student achievement. Course dates, descriptions and credentialing information can be found in our Spring 2022 Online Professional Development Catalog.
Seats are currently available for the following courses:
- A Framework for Teachers of Students with Hearing Impairment
- Exploring Virtual Math Tools in Elementary: Grades 3-5
- Help Me See: Teaching Students with Visual Impairments
- PGS: Special Education Teacher Deep Dive
- Power of a Positive Classroom
- Reforming Cookbook Labs
- The PLAAFP
- Understanding Science for the Novice Teacher
- Understanding the Three Shifts in ELA (for K-5 and 6-12)
Seats are currently available for the following book studies*:
- The Writing Revolution (for grades 1-3, 4-6, and 7-12)
- Yes We Can! General and Special Educators Collaborating in a PLC
- Visible Learning for Science
- Visible Learning for Social Studies
*Participants are responsible for purchasing their own books after registering.
CEUs are available upon successful completion for a $15 processing fee. SEMI and OSL credits are free of charge for courses as indicated in the catalog.
Registration is available from Jan. 20 at 8 a.m. through Jan. 26 at noon on the MDE PD calendar found on Trumba.
For questions or additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.