The Mississippi Department of Education (MDE), through the Office of Professional Development, is having open registration until noon Jan. 25, for Fall online courses and book study courses. Register on the MDE professional development calendar found on Trumba.
These courses are offered free of charge to help support educators as they strive to improve student achievement. Course dates, descriptions, and credentialing information can be found in our Spring 2023 Online Professional Development Catalog.
Seats are available for the following courses and book study*:
- Book Study: Academic Conversations: Classroom Talk That Fosters Critical Thinking and Content Understandings*
- Book Study: Lead Like a Pirate*
- Book Study: Making Sense of Mathematics for Teaching Grades K-2*
- Book Study: Making Sense of Mathematics for Teaching Grades 3-5*
- Book Study: More Good Questions: Great Ways to Differentiate Secondary Mathematics Instruction*
- Book Study: Yes We Can! General and Special Educators Collaborating in a Professional Learning Community*
- A Framework for Teachers of Students with Hearing Impairment
- Help Me See: Teaching Students with Visual Impairments
- Creating a Culture of SEL
- PGS: Special Education Deep Dive
- Setting the Stage for Success in the Mathematics Classroom
- The PLAAFP
- The Power of a Positive Classroom
- Understanding the Three Shifts in ELA (K-5)
- Understanding the Three Shifts in ELA (6-12)
*Book Study: Participants are responsible for purchasing their own books after registering.
CEUs are available upon successful completion for a $15 processing fee. SEMI and OSL credits are free of charge for courses as indicated in the catalog.
If you have any questions or would like additional information regarding specific courses, please email email@example.com.