The Mississippi Department of Education’s Office of Professional Development is excited to announce that all items from the current Professional Development Catalog can now be offered as free virtual professional development opportunities. The parameters for this support are as follows:
- Free virtual professional development and coaching support are available by district/school administrator request.
- All courses listed on the most current Professional Development Catalog are available for virtual professional development increments of 60-90 minutes depending on the selection.
- LEAs are responsible for ensuring teachers have access to the printed materials that accompany the session.
- A teacher leader or administrator must be assigned to assist as the facilitator/timekeeper of each session.
- Most virtual sessions will require at least one hour of work by the teachers prior to the session.
- The request form must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the preferred training date.To request these virtual professional development services, visit https://www.mdek12.org/OPD or contact Dr. Kristina Livingston at firstname.lastname@example.org.