The Mississippi Department of Education’s Office of Elementary Education and Reading is announcing an opportunity for participants across the state to attend a virtual professional development series to receive the following 4-part sessions based on their chosen district HQIM (5 curriculum companies):
- Great Minds: Wit and Wisdom
- SAVVAS: My View
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt: Into Reading
- McGraw Hill: Wonders
- OpenUp Resources: Our EL Language Arts
This 4-part HQIM in Action Series (90 minutes each: 3-4:30 p.m.)
- August 23-Part 1: Effective lesson planning to support teacher preparation with emphasis on annotating the teacher guide
- August 30-Part 2: Instructional practices and strategies with foundational skills routine
- September 6-Part 3: Scaffolding strategies for implementation of complex texts
- September 13-Part 4: Unfamiliar methods within the curriculum
*Look for live registration to be released in July and announced through Edupdates.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to the Assistant State Literacy Coordinator, Kelli Crain at firstname.lastname@example.org.