Collecting and Examining Data to Make Decisions
- K-12 Survey Strategy Toolkit – This toolkit supports districts in designing an annual survey strategy that maximizes data quality and stakeholder engagement and improves the extent to which survey data is meaningful and actionable. It discusses key considerations for constructing a systemic survey strategy and presents recommendations for administering surveys and sharing results with stakeholders.
- Focus Group Methodology – This resource provides guidance on how to prepare for focus groups, facilitate focus group sessions, and analyze focus group data to determine key themes and distill findings.
- Equity Data Review Protocol – This toolkit guides district and school leaders in using data review protocols and generating insights from data about how to create more equitable school systems. It addresses topics such as forming designated teams to examine data, gathering and synthesizing data, using data to identify issues and the factors driving those issues, and leveraging data to form action plans.
Making and Implementing Effective Decisions
- Collaborative Decision-Making Guide – This resource walks readers through a three-step process to make collaborative decisions: (1) framing the decision to be made; (2) generating proposals and alternatives; and (3) deciding on a course of action.
- Critical Steps to Successful Program Implementation – This report presents a three-phase process for successful program implementation: planning, implementation, and sustaining implementation. Content focuses on a number of sub-steps within each of these phases, including gathering data and stakeholder input to make decisions around programs.
- Strategic Planning Toolkit – This toolkit provides robust guidance on the strategic planning process and its constituent action steps. All included steps and resources will support effective decision-making around district and school priorities and the actions needed to address those priorities.