Due to high demand, an additional dates have been added for the College and Career Readiness Course training:
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Thursday, July 9, 2020
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Please register using the following link: https://get2college.org/ccr-instructors
As a part of the Mississippi Diploma endorsement options, the College and Career Readiness (CCR) course will be a required course for the class of 2021-2022. CCR virtual professional development registration is now open for high schools wishing to implement the College and Career Readiness Course in 2020-2021.
The course does not require a specific teacher endorsement; however, high schools are encouraged to send at least one teacher and one counselor to a training. Scheduled trainings are listed below.
A draft copy of the College and Career Readiness curriculum and MSIS course codes are located on the MDE Secondary Education webpage, online at https://www.mdek12.org/ese/College-and-Career-Readiness.
Register for the CCR training by May 28: https://get2college.org/ccr-instructors
FAQs for the CCR Course
- Will other classes be allowed to substitute for the CCR course requirement? Course substitutions for the CCR course will be approved during the May State Board Meeting.
- Is there a CTE MSIS course code for the CCR course? No, only academic course codes are available.
- My district would like to participate as a pilot for 2020-2021, is there an application? Any high school may implement the CCR course in 2020-2021. There is no pilot application. Interested districts are encouraged to send the selected teacher, a counselor, and an administrator to the training.
- Is there a separate teacher endorsement for the CCR class? Any teacher with a valid 7-12 license may teach the CCR course.
- When is this class required for graduation? The CCR class is required for the graduating class of 2022 (current high school sophomores, upcoming juniors).
Please contact Heather Morrison (email@example.com) with any additional questions.