Secretary of State Michael Watson and the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office is seeking high school seniors with a passion for leadership and state government to apply for the agency’s 2023-2024 Student Ambassador Program. The program aims to increase voter education and registration among youth and encourages students to engage in Mississippi civics.
“The SOS Student Ambassador Program is a great opportunity for young leaders to cultivate their affinity for public service, expand leadership skills, and network with peers across the state,” said Secretary Michael Watson. “We are excited to take part in the development and growth of the next generation of Mississippians and look forward to providing a greater understanding of one of our greatest liberties, the right to vote.”
Components of the program include:
- A fall summit in Jackson focused on the state’s elections process.
- A spring summit in Jackson focused on the state’s legislative process.
- Virtual trainings and educational sessions with Secretary Watson, Secretary of State representatives and various government officials.
To be considered for the SOS Student Ambassador Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- High school senior during the 2023-2024 academic year
- Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above
- Proven satisfactory behavioral conduct
- Strong interest in state government and service
The deadline to submit an application is March 31. Applications must be completed online. Click here to download the application.
For questions, contact the External Affairs Division at ExternalAffairs@sos.ms.gov or (601) 359-4454.