Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Awareness that excellent attendance is vital for student success has never been greater. Today 36 states and the District of Columbia include chronic absence in their new state education accountability systems for the Every Student Succeeds Act. With one out of seven students in the U.S. chronically absent, we need leaders in every state and from every sector to mobilize their communities to action and to Team Up for Attendance.
Join Attendance Works and our 69 Attendance Awareness Campaign partners as we kick off the 2018 Attendance Awareness Campaign. You’ll hear how leaders at the state and district levels are uniquely positioned to energize attendance campaigns that result in improvements in school attendance. Presenters include:
- Ayeola Fortune, United Way Worldwide
- Dr. Carey Wright, State Superintendent of Education, Mississippi Department of Education
- Charlene Russell-Tucker, Chief Operating Officer, Connecticut State Department of Education
- Janet Schulze, Superintendent, Pittsburg, CA
- Rev Larry Simmons, Brightmoor Alliance, Detroit
- Hedy Chang and Cecelia Leong Attendance Works
Please note: Due to the high level of interest in this series, we are likely to exceed the webinar room capacity of 500! Once you register you will receive the webinar recording, PowerPoint slides and other materials whether you attend or not.
You might consider organizing a separate session to watch with a group using the recording and discussion guide. Guests are welcome to log in 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the webinar.