The MDE is excited to announce the launch of the Digital Teacher Academy, the newest program from Mississippi Connects initiative. This year-long professional development opportunity is designed to support classroom teachers as they implement digital instructional practices in their classrooms and become technology leaders in their schools.
What are the benefits?
- Receive digital learning training, supports, and resources
- Gain experience delivering digital learning professional development
- Pursue/earn a certification in a digital platform
- Earn 3.4 CEUs
- Receive a Mississippi Connects Digital Teacher Academy badge to use to proudly share your accomplishments
- Participate at no cost to you or your school/district
What are the requirements?
- Be a full-time classroom teacher
- Submit Approval to Participate form signed by your administrator (attached)
- Attend and fully participate in all virtual and in-person meetings (see attached flyer for a list of dates and times)
- Pursue a digital platform certification during the fall semester [Google Educator or Microsoft Innovative Educator Trainer]
- Lead two digital learning PLCs for your school/district during the spring semester
How do I apply?
- Complete the application at com/DTA2122 by Friday, September 24, 2021
- Submit signed Approval to Participate (attached) to email@example.com
NOTE: Up to 200 applicants will be selected to participate in the academy. Applicants will be notified of selection by October 8, 2021