Please review the following information about the Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF). MDE provided this information last week to all district technology coordinators and E-Rate contacts.
The Emergency Connectivity Fund Program will provide up to $7.17 billion in support to schools and libraries for the purchase of laptop and tablet computers, Wi-Fi hotspots, modems, routers, and broadband connectivity during the COVID-19 pandemic for use by students, school staff, and library patrons who would otherwise lack connected devices and/or broadband connections sufficient to fully engage in remote learning.
The FCC and USAC will open the first Emergency Connectivity Fund Program application filing window on Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 11 a.m. CT, which will fund equipment and services for the upcoming 2021-22 school year. The first application filing window will be open for 45 days, during which applicants will be able to submit requests for funding for purchases to be made between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022 to meet “unmet needs” of students, school staff, and library patrons who would otherwise lack access to basic educational opportunities and library services. The FCC’s announcement of the funding window is available on their https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-373265A1.pdf .
- ECF Website: http://emergencyconnectivityfund.org
- ECF Window: June 29, 2021 – August 13, 2021 (45 calendar days)
- ECF Helpdesk – Emergency Connectivity Fund Program Customer Support Center (CSC) – (currently not open)
- Open 8a – 8p M-F
- ECF Training Date – Wednesday, June 23 @ 2:00 p.m. CT: Emergency Connectivity Fund Overview for Potential Applicants – https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4731614193589007
- USAC ECF Presentation Slides: USAC – ECF Overview Presentation
- USAC Weekly newsletter for the Emergency Connectivity Fund – https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6296809/Emergency-Connectivity-Fund
- Training sessions – USAC will provide two types of training:
- E-Learning sessions
- Weekly office hour sessions
- All participants will need to have a FCC Registration Number (which existing E-Rate applicants already have) and current SAM registration (https://sam.gov/content/home)
If you have any questions, please contact Lee Bray at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-359-5544.