Professional Development Opportunity
Learn to Use Primary Sources with Your Students
Summer 2020 Schedule
The Teaching with Primary Sources Midwest Region at Illinois State University will offer online professional development opportunities for K–12 educators during the summer of 2020. Participants will:
- Gain knowledge and skills needed to access and utilize digital primary sources from the Library of Congress website
- Develop strategies to assist students in developing meaningful questions, identify and evaluate a variety of sources, draw conclusions based on evidence, and communicate their understandings to their peers.
- Create a lesson using primary sources that facilitates Common Core Standards
- Engage students in active learning—developing critical thinking skills and constructing knowledge
The online PD require two online meetings with lessons and activities to be completed remotely on your own:
- Level 1 online PD —Requires online meetings on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 (10:00-11:30 a.m. CST) and, July 21, 2020 (10:00–11:30 a.m. CST)
- Level 2 online PD (prerequisite: completed TPS Level 1)—Requires online meetings on Thursday, June 11 (10:00–11:30 a.m. CST) and July 23 (10:00–11:30 a.m. CST)
Earn 2 graduate credits from Illinois State University or 25 Professional Development Hours. The Level 1 Professional Development may not count towards a degree.
Contact Judy Bee at mailto:email@example.com or (309) 438-5468 for more information.