For the state’s youngest students, the Mississippi Department of Education’s Summer of Learning website and Mississippi Public Broadcasting have great resources for pre-K students. To start your student’s summer of learning, visit https://mdek12.org/LearningAtHome.
For this activity, come up with some rhyming words such as cat, hat, bat and sat.
- Say a word that has a rhyme (such as cat, which rhymes with hat).
- Ask your child to fill in the rhyming word for your word. Example: I say cat. You say _____. You child fills in hat.
- Continue for as long as this game is enjoyed by you and your child.
- You may accept nonsense words from your child that rhyme with your words.
- Cox Campus: Activities designed to help your student develop pre-reading skills while having fun. (PreK)
- MPB Classroom TV: Watch pre-recorded lessons taught by certified teachers in various content areas. (PreK – 12th)
- Strong Readers: A collection of activities to help Pre-K students to become strong readers and strong leaders. (PreK – 5th)