The Mississippi Department of Education, through the Office of Professional Development, is excited to announce open registration for spring online courses. Course dates and descriptions can be found on our Spring 2021 Online Professional Development Catalog. These online courses are offered free of charge to help support educators as they strive to improve student achievement.
Seats are currently available for the following courses:
- Access for All: Practical Ideas for Teaching Every Student
- Addressing Challenging Behaviors During Challenging Times
- Book Study: Reading Connections*
- Book Study: Visible Learning for Mathematics*
- Book Study: Visible Learning for Science*
- A Closer Look at the Science and Engineering Practices
- If These Walls Could Talk
- Inclusive Leadership
- Let’s Dish About SCD
- Looking Back to Move Forward: Educational Benefit Review
- Making the Move to Digital Learning
- The PLAAFP
- Power of a Positive Classroom
- Tactile Teaching
- The Writing Revolution*
*Participants are responsible for purchasing their own books after registering
CEUs are available upon successful completion for a $15 processing fee. Registration is available from January 20 at 8:00 am through January 26 at 5:00 pm on the MDE OPD calendar found on Trumba.
If you have any questions regarding this information or would like additional information regarding specific courses, please contact Elise Brown at email@example.com.