The Mississippi Department of Education, through the Office of Special Education and the Office of Early Childhood, is offering a free, full-day training entitled Pre-K Strategies: Increasing Access for a Well-Rounded Education. Participants will explore instructional strategies that incorporate accommodations, modifications, and Universal Design for Learning (UDL). The goal of this training is to maximize teachers’ capacity to provide ALL children, regardless of ability or disability, access to the general education curriculum.
- Target Audience includes Special Education Directors, Pre-K general and special education teachers, Speech-Language Pathologists, and Pre-K administrators.
- Each session can accommodate up to 50 participants.
- There are no limitations on the number of participants per district, and districts are not assigned to a Regional Educational Service Agency (RESA).
- Registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis at http://www.msresaservices.com/s/event/search?search=prek+strategies&description=true.
- CEUs (.6) and SEMIs (5) will be offered.
Contact the RESA if there are questions about registration. Contact Candice Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are questions for the MDE.
This event is being funded with state and/or federal funds and is being provided for employees of school districts, employees of the Mississippi Department of Education and Department contractors. Mississippi Constitution Article 4, Section 66 prohibits governing authorities from making donations. According to the Mississippi Attorney General, once the federal funds are turned over to the state, the rules for the expenditure of state funds apply. Based on the Mississippi law, this event is not being provided for third party vendors or external providers.
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. All sessions begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m.
February 20, 2019
Jackson State University (R&D Center/Universities Center)
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211
February 22, 2019
Lowery A. Woodall Advanced Technology Center
906 Sullivan Drive
Hattiesburg, MS 39401
March 5, 2019
850 Insight Park Avenue, Suite 253C
University, MS 38677-1848
March 7, 2019
Delta State University (Ewing Hall)
Cleveland, MS 38733