The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) is introducing Adopt-a-School for COVID-19 Vaccinations. This effort will assist in removing any barrier eligible students might have to receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
MSDH has notified all COVID-19 Vaccination providers about this effort and is asking them to reach out to schools/school systems in their community. These providers are eligible for additional funding to cover overhead cost of these onsite clinics through COVID 19 Community Vaccination Program – CCVP and have been notified how to enroll.
MSDH also wants to hear from you:
- Please complete this survey indicating your interest and need to be “Adopted”.
You do not have to wait on a provider to reach out to you. To move forward:
- If you are presently working or have a relationship with a COVID-19 Vaccination provider, please reach out to establish a partnership.
- If you do not have a provider and need to find a provider in your community. Here is a link to enrolled COVID-19 Vaccination providers.
- If you need any assistance with establishing a partnership, please email MSDH at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once a provider/school partnership has been established
- Work with the Provider and establish dates for vaccination clinics.
- Send home the provider consent and emergency use agreements to families with a return due date (before school based clinic day) for planning purposes.
- Work with provider based on returned consents, needed time frame and space for school-based clinic. This would not prohibit people from returning consent the day of the clinic if the proper consent is obtained.
Please let MSDH know if you have any questions by emailing email@example.com.