The Mississippi Department of Education, through the Office of Professional Development, is excited to announce online book studies this summer. These courses will begin on June 1 and are free of charge to help support educators as they strive to improve student achievement.
The following book studies will be available to participate in from June 1-July 31:
- Blending Leadership: Six Simple Beliefs for Leading Online and Off
- THE Classroom Management Book (2nd Edition)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain
- Failing Up
- The Knowledge Gap
- Leverage Leadership: A Practical Guide to Building Exceptional Schools
- Powerful Teaching
- Reading Connections: Strategies for Teaching Students with Visual Impairments
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0: 62 Techniques That Put Students on the Path to College
- Visible Learning for Mathematics: What Works Best to Optimize Student Learning
- Visible Learning for Science: What Works Best to Optimize Student Learning
- What Great Principals Do Differently: 18 Things That Matter Most
- Yes, We Can! General and Special Educators Collaborating in a Professional Learning Community
Participants will be responsible for purchasing their own books after registering.
Registration begins on May 20 at https://gsmu.mdek12.org.
CEUs and SEMIs are available upon successful completion for a $15 processing fee.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Elise Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org.