High school teachers and middle school U.S. history teachers can learn how to teach economics in an exciting, engaging and hands-on manner through the Master Teacher in Economics (MTE) program planned for Feb. 4, 2023 – April 28, 2023. It is designed for high school teachers to increase their economic understanding. This improves teachers’ abilities to bring economics to their students in stand-alone economics courses or to integrate economics as a strand within social studies and business curricula.
For: High school teachers and middle school U.S. history teachers.
Where: The MTE is an online course (estimated 75 hours).
- Attendance and full participation in orientation session
- Web-connected device (e.g., computer, tablet, smartphone)
- Ability to download and upload documents
- Microphone and camera
When: Feb. 4, 2023 – April 28, 2023
- Synchronous- Orientation; virtual via Zoom- Saturday, Feb. 4, 2023 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.**
- Asynchronous- Assignments completed by- April 28, 2023
**Attendance and full participation in orientation is required. NO EXCEPTIONS.
What’s in it for me?: 7.5 CEUs, access to student course, $500 stipend, 193 economics endorsement on license (Click here to see qualifications.)
Contact: (601) 974-1325; email@example.com
Go here to APPLY. Registration Deadline: Jan. 27, 2023