The Office of Student Assessment is soliciting teachers to serve on a Mississippi Academic Assessment Program (MAAP) Range Finding Committee for writing. Please provide the following information to your schools so it can be distributed to your teachers.
The Office of Student Assessment is seeking Mississippi educators to participate in a MAAP Range Finding Committee for the 2019-2020 MAAP in the following areas:
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- English II
The purpose of the MAAP Range Finding Committee is to review and set ranges for the writing responses of Mississippi students.
If you have teachers that are interested in this opportunity, please ensure they receive the details listed below.
- The MAAP Range Finding Committee review will take place Monday, February 10 – Tuesday, February 11, 2020 in Jackson, MS, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
- Participants MUST be present both days.
- Travel (including lodging if you live more than 75 miles from Jackson, MS) and substitute teacher reimbursement will be covered by Questar Assessments.
- All interested teachers must fill out a survey located here.
- The application deadline is 4:00 p.m. on December 13, 2019. Selected participants will receive an email invitation from Questar.
For more information, please contact Melissa Beck at email@example.com.