Thank you all for your interest in the GEER Funds. The purpose of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Education Stabilization Fund, under which the Governor’s Emergency Education Response (GEER) Fund program is authorized, is to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the novel coronavirus. The GEER Fund program aims to address the impact that the coronavirus pandemic has had, and continues to have, on students and parents across the nation. The U.S. Department of Education awarded GEER Funds by formula to the nation’s Governors. Mississippi received an allocation of $34,662,872.
The Governor has chosen to divide allocated GEER Funds into two funding categories in order to quickly and efficiently target funds to the state’s most pressing emergency needs. The first category of funds – those for Essential Emergency Educational Services – will be distributed via this request for proposals (RFP). The Governor intends to provide up to $23M to fund proposals accepted under this RFP; however, if not enough quality proposals are received, the Governor will make leftover money available as part of the second RFP, which will address Innovative Educational Solutions to the novel coronavirus.
Attached to this email are the following GEER Proposal Materials:
- GEER RFP INFORMATION – This is the informational document that explains the RFP and includes some basic forms for applicant use. Applicants should only be able to fill in the forms contained in the document. This document includes the timeline as well as the email for submission. The Intent to Submit form deadline is September 17, 2020, and proposals are due September 24, 2020.
- PRIORITY TASK APPLICATION DOCUMENTS – These four documents, labeled according to the Priority Task, are what applicants must fill out for Part 3 of the proposal.
- GEER EXCEL – This Excel document contains the budget and revenue tables that are appendices (required in Part 4).
- GEER RFP GUIDANCE – This is the FAQ document. It is dated as of today.
- GEER RUBRIC – The rubric that will be used for scoring proposals.
The GEER Proposal Materials will also be posted on the Governor’s website but please feel free to forward to anyone that you feel may be interested in applying for the funds.