Greetings Superintendents and District Test Coordinators,
On June 21, 2018, the State Board of Education (SBE) granted approval to begin the Administrative Procedures Act (APA) process for the following:
- State Board Policy Part 3, Chapter 56, Rule 56.1: Distance Learning/Online Courses
- The proposed revisions to State Board Policy, Part 3, Chapter 56, Rule 56.1: Distance Learning/Online Courses are to align State Board Policy with the changes in Senate Bill 2763 (2018 legislative session) regarding the Mississippi Virtual High School.
- State Board Policy Part 3, Chapter 36, Rule 36.3: Policies for Carnegie Unit Credit
- The proposed revisions to State Board Policy Part 3, Chapter 36, Rule 36.3: Policies for Carnegie Unit Credit are to align State Board Policy.
- State Board Policy Chapter 36, Rule 36.4: Assessments Required for Graduation
- On June 21st the SBE granted approval to begin the APA process to repeal Section 4 of Rule 36.4: Assessments Required for Graduation.
Detailed information on the proposed revisions of these three (3) policies can be found here.
Please submit written comments to Dr. Jo Ann Malone, Office of Accreditation, 359 N. West Street, Post Office Box 771, Jackson, MS 39205-0771. You may also submit comments in writing by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 601-359-1979.
All public comments must be received in the Office of Accreditation no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 20, 2018. APA Comments will be presented to the SBE on August 16, 2018.
Walt Drane, Ed.S., Executive Director
Office of Student Assessment
Office of District and School Performance
Office of the Chief Accountability Officer