Continue your student’s learning this summer with numerous math games and digital lessons found on the Mississippi Department of Education’s Summer of Learning website https://mdek12.org/LearningAtHome.
Check out these tips:
- Talk with the student and determine areas of concern in terms of math.
- Have the student select virtual math games or digital lessons to help with this area(s).
- Create a weekly math time for the student.
- Lexile Math Challenge: The Summer Math Challenge is a free, six-week program that helps children practice math skills through daily fun activities and engaging resources. (K – 8th)
- Imagine Learning: Imagine Math and Math Facts builds problem-solving skills, provides personalized learning, and includes online math help. (K – 8th) (For login information, please see your student’s teacher or school administrator.)
- Geometry 3-D Shapes Interactive: Geometry 3-D Shapes Interactive is a free learning website where students can learn about solids or three-dimensional geometric shapes and the academic vocabulary used to describe them. (6th – 12th)