The Mississippi Literacy Association (MLA) in partnership with the Mississippi Department of Education Office of Elementary Education and Reading invites education stakeholders to the 51st Annual Mississippi Literacy Association Conference: Literacy is My Superpower set for Dec. 7-9, at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi, Mississippi. This conference will focus on promoting literacy instruction for students in kindergarten through 8th grade.
As we continue the momentum of improving literacy and learning outcomes for all students, sessions will focus on Early Literacy (kindergarten through grade 3), Adolescent Literacy (grades 4 through 8), and other (SEL, Classroom Management, etc.). Some keynote speakers and featured presenters include:
- Kristen Wynn, State Literacy Director (K-12)
- Wiley Blevins, Reading Specialist and Educational Author
- Danny Brassell, Motivational speaker and Top-selling Author
- Antonio Fierro, Chief Academic Advisor at Tools4Reading
- Linda Farrell, Founding partner of Readsters
- Michael Hunter, Founding partners of Readsters
- Laurie Lee, Partnership Manager of the Mississippi Adolescent Literacy Partnership at the Regional Educational Laboratory (REL) Southeast at Florida State University
- Kevin Smith, Partnership Manager of the Florida Panhandle K-3 Literacy Partnership at the Regional Educational Laboratory (REL) – Southeast at Florida State University
- Cynthia (Cindy) Hadicke, Senior Director of Client Success and Implementation at the AIM Institute for Learning & Research
- Ernesto Ortiz, Jr., Senior Literacy Engagement Specialist for the AIM Institute for Learning & Research
Click here for more information and to register.