The Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) Office of Digital Learning announces that the 2022-2023 Digital Teacher Academy is available. Application deadline is Sept. 23. This year-long academy is designed to support classroom teachers as they implement digital instructional practices in their classrooms and become technology leaders in their schools.
This is the second year MDE has offered this program and, based on feedback from last year, the MDE has made the academy even better.
Benefits for participating:
- Receive digital learning training, supports, and resources.
- Earn digital certifications and badges for various digital tools.
- Receive a Mississippi Connects Digital Teacher Academy badge and banner to proudly share your accomplishments.
- Receive a $50 travel stipend for attending each in-person meeting.
- Earn 3.2 CEUs.
Interested participants should complete the online application by Friday, Sept. 23. Participants with complete applications and approval forms will be selected on a first-come first-serve basis.
NOTE: In-person sessions will be held in five regional locations: Cleveland, Oxford, Jackson, Hattiesburg, and Biloxi. When completing the application, participants must select which location they will attend, and attendance to each location will be limited to the first 50 participants due to the size of the facilities.
- Be a full-time classroom teacher.
- Submit Approval to Participate form signed by your administrator to email@example.com.
- Attend and fully participate in the following in-person meetings:
- Oct. 14, 2022 (in-person) from 1-4 p.m.
- Dec. 9, 2022 (in-person) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Feb. 20, 2023 (in-person) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- June 5, 2023 (in-person) from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Complete three online modules (at your own pace throughout the year).
- Earn digital tool certifications and badges (at your own pace throughout the year).