Description: For the first time ever MCEE and MCSS have joined forces to bring you the 2019 Winter Social Studies Conference on February 22-23, 2019!
For: K-12 grade teachers, pre-service teachers
When: February 22-23, 2019; 9:00am-4:00pm daily (Doors open at 8:30am). Teachers may attend just one day or both!
- February 22, 2019: Pre-Conference Session- Implementing Mississippi’s College and Career Readiness Standards- Social Studies: This session will share techniques and strategies that will support student learning across the full spectrum of courses under the 2018 MCCRS for Social Studies Standards. Session participants will grasp strategies and activities that will increase engagement and deliver content aligned with the 2018 social studies content standards. Lunch will be provided.
- February 23, 2019: Conference: Educators will enjoy a selection of breakout sessions on the topics of History, Geography and Economics. Lunch will be provided and we will have a special guest speaker from the Federal Reserve Bank.Fee: No registration fee; credit card required to hold your spot.What’s in it for me?: Free curriculum and up to 1.4 CEU’s (0.7 per day) at no cost.Deadline to reserve a room in the block — 2/7/19.
- Contact: 601-974-1325 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lodging: MCEE has a block of rooms at the Cabot Lodge located nextdoor to Millsaps College at 2375 N State St, Jackson, MS 39202 for $89/night. You may make reservations by calling (601) 948-8650 and stating you are booking a room in the MCEE block.
- Requirements: Must bring a laptop computer or tablet with capability to hookup to wi-fi.
- Where: Millsaps College, Jackson